Monday 8 November 2010

Evaluation Of Front Cover

I think the masthead for my magazine is a appropriate name for King Henry because KHSM is abbreviation of King Henry School Magazine which is exactly what it is. The colour scheme of the masthead is also appropriate because yellow and blue are the school colours. The masthead is a sufficient size as it stands out and is the first thing you see when you look at the cover.

The main image is a appropriate size as it fills the front cover. I think the main image doesn't show the story very clearly but does show three students smiling which shows they're happy, but it doesn't suggest anything about a German exchange. I think the subsidiary images are a appropriate size as they are easy to see and you can see what the pictures are. I think the position of the two subsidiary images are in an appropriate position on the cover. I think one of the subsidiary images shows the story that its representing but one does not.

All three sell lines give a clear indication of the content of the magazine, and the language of the sell lines are very informative. No literary devices have been used. The spelling and punctuation is all accurate except for the second sell line where 'trip' has been spelt wrong as it is spelt 'trp'. Three different fonts have been used and the size of the writing shows it very clearly. The colour of the sell lines are the same as the masthead except the outline is black instead of blue.

I think the layout of the front page is very clear and organised. The front cover is very appealing to the reader because the masthead and colour stand out. I think the design of the page is recognisable as a front cover of a school magazine because it has students on the front cover and has sell lines suggesting its for a school magazine.

I think three aspects of the front page I think are successful are :-

  • The main image, how the main story moves down with the image.
  • The masthead, how it stands out from the black background.
  • The subsidiary image, how it is slanted at the top of the page.
I think three aspects of the front page I would improve are :-

  • The main image, it had to be covered at the top because it didn't look good.
  • The subsidiary image, it comes of the front cover.
  • The spelling mistake on the sell line 'School Trip Info Inside'.

No comments:

Post a Comment